Thursday, April 14, 2016

Your Not Ready to Innovate unless Your Ready To Improvise


POSTED AT:  Twitter (NationalCEONET) by CaptureHits
POST Written By:  Art Markman
 
Lessons Entrepreneurs can learn from Jazz
 
I love jazz.  I have been listening to it since I was a teen.  I marveled at the ability of great jazz musicians to take a complex song and to play something that was both brand new and also fit the song completely.  I was so riveted by these performances that about 15 years ago, I started taking saxophone lessons to learn some of these skills myself.
 
Nobody will confuse me with John Coltrane, Sonny Rollins, or Michael Brecker.  But, I have learned a lot about what makes improvisation work.  And it seems to me that a lot of these skills also have lessons for innovators and entrepreneurs. 
 
Here are three of those lessons.
  1. Don't wait for Perfection
  2. Learn your theory
  3. Know your scales

READ FULL ARTICLE>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment